PICS - 2008 Ford Bullitt Mustang

In the 1968 movie ?Bullitt?, maverick cop Steve McQueen was reall cool hunting down criminals in his Mustang, that the folks at For created the 2008 Bullitt Mustang in honor of the movie?s 40th yea anniversary.

This car is really hot and there are sure to be many who will want t

run out and grab one right now which will result in a 10K or mor mark up at the dealers. Oh well

View the attachments for this post at:

JLA

Yawn

Same old same old. Reminds me of a 2006 charger

Its ugly as ugly can be.

Reply to
Ugly

It would be a lot hotter with a 390 in it like the original. Just don't understand Ford's position all cars have itty bitty motors that cose 6 zillion bucks to get with any real performance.

Reply to
Les Benn

Yeah. Give me more ugly cars like that one.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Actually I dont think his cop character was cool, more surley than cool id say. and plus he sure didnt solve that case very fast, whenever i see it , its like one of the most boreing movies ever made, just sitting there praying for the car chase to come up. Plus hes got like this smokin hot girlfriend and he doesnt even care. these days a woman like that would leave you in a second if you were that surley and uncaring.

BUT yest the car rocked. and the car chase.

Reply to
faust_151

Not to knock the mustang or the movie here, (I'd view it again in a second) but I recall an interview with some of the people who set up both cars and in all the filming, the charger (or chargers if they used several) held up real well and were a dream on the set while the mustang or I believe mustangs had to be beefed up and as far as holding up during filming, were a real POS. However, maybe the interview was biased, who knows?

But yea, the car in the movie rocked. Seems to me though that they really screwed up with the sound effects. If I recall, the charger had an automatic, but the sound effects were from a manual tranny, correct? Or am I dreaming?

Reply to
Kruse

I beleive that is true also. The mustang just couldnt handle the jumps. The charger is a bigger car isnt it? Probly came stock with stronger suspention. I know for sure that the sound effects from the mustang were actually from a V12 Ford GT, I beleive. That car chase is amazing in everyway, even the mistakes they made. The same white VW bug drives by them like 5 times!

Reply to
faust_151

V-12 GT??? Was there ever one of those?

After winning LeMans in late 1966, engineers From Ford's Advanced Engine Engineering team wanted to build a 48-valve Vi 2 For the Ford GT Mark 4 and humiliate the man who had so rudely rejected Ford's offer to buy his company Four years earlier, Enzo Ferrari. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed, the V12 was turned down, and the 1967 Mark 4 was fitted with a 427-[in.sup.3] V8 of the type used to win Le Mans in 1966. It won at a record pace.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

wow, you showed me eh! anyway the sound effects were definately from a GT40. I saw it somewhere.

speaking of beating on chargers. Grindhouse has some of the best musclecar stuff of any movie ive seen. its in the second half and you have to sit through a lot of unentertaining crap but all the scenes with kurt russel and his nova and charger are friggin unbelievable! its like renting bullitt. rent it and just forward to the car parts. you wont regret it!!!!

Reply to
faust_151

I don't know did I? Was there ever a V-12 GT40? I've never herd of one. I thought I was being quite civil, you think not?

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I just meant anyone that could quote that much info is probably right. tho im still not sure about the V12, it was in a documentary I saw years back, Im sure they said it was a GT40 but im not sure about the engine. i didnt mean anything by it.

Reply to
faust_151

Isn't the green a bit TOO green??

John B.

John B.

I have read this also. According to Bullitt lore, the production team went to Willow Springs raceway, in the desert north of LA, and recorded a GT40 turning laps and dubbed the sounds onto the movie soundtrack. You certainly do hear Lt. Bullitt pulling a lot more gears, and doing a lot more unnecessary throttle blipping between gears, than you would expect to hear in a real life car chase as depicted on the screen.

Reply to
one80out