Question on boost/vacuum meter

on 5.0 1992 mustang I have a boost/vacuum meter has a KB 6 pound on it has been running for 10 years this way OK except when really hot outside(100 or more) then some det. and I back off

When cold, sometimes the meter vacuum (-20 to -10 or so) and then it will spike into boost a few psi and then back down very quickly 1/4 second or so. I think the engine may be backfiring. then when it goes closed loop, it doesn't do it much anymore.

Any other possibilities or ideas on how to fix ?

Reply to
greg

My advice is to get a chip with a tune for having the blower installed. You symptoms could be caused by numerous things and it is nearly impossible to diagnose the problem with limited information. Most issues are tuning related, then fuel delivery followed by the ignition.

Reply to
Michael Johnson