67 rear backspacing for largest tire

I have heard that 255/60/15s can fit on the back of a 67 coupe, but my

4 1/4" backspace cragers leave the tire sticking out past the fender. Does anyone know if I can have more backspacing, if so, what is the most I can have. Also, what would allow me to fit this tire?
Reply to
Will

Spike

Where you been, Spike?

Reply to
Jason O

Holidays and family. And spending a lot of time out in the cold garage tweaking here and there. Getting ready to bolt in a power rack and pinion unit.

How ya been? Hope Santa was good to ya! He brought me a nice 10 pound bag o' coal :0)

Reply to
Spike