Slightly OT: How long have you been a Ford or Mustang person?

I believe there are two or three different CAIs that don't require a tune, and I infer from that they don't require octane ratings higher than 87. As little gasoline as I use (ten gallons a month or so, when not on a road trip), the price difference between 87 and higher grades isn't significant for me.

The K&N "Typhoon" intake has been CARB approved, and claims about a 9 HP improvement over stock, without a tune. I believe the 2010 15 HP includes the effect of a tune. It'll be similar, if not the same, as the"Bullitt" intake/tune combo, which is available now from Ford Racing Performance Parts, and stays within warranty parameters.

Aftermarket tunes improve not only power output, but drivability. Better throttle respnse is quite noticeable.

I'd recommend going to allfordmustangs.com and searching for your interests by keyword. Forum members there are knowledgeable and generous, and you can get useful answers to nearly every question.

Reply to
Frank ess

The Bullitt tune gives one the option of using 87 or 91 octane the latter giving better performance. I will have to ask my dealer about it.

Performance options dealer installed make the warrantiee 12/12,000 unless installed at time of delivery. The Bullitt package is $3310 and requires a Premium GT. The dealer where I bought my GT has one but would not deal below 31K. They were more than happy to sell my GT for 24K. 6K would buy more then what the Bullitt offers.

The 2010 GT can use 87 octane and claims 315 HP. If gas goes back to $4 for regular it would be $5 for premium.

Reply to
Topo Gigio