Some New Magazines For The Muscle Car Enthusiast

Folks,

I found a couple new magazines you must check out. The first one is called "Mustang Enthusiast." While it isn't anywhere near Muscle Mustang's and Fast Fords thick, it did have some decent looking articles/information in it. However, from what I was able to see -- my wife was tugging on my arm to do more Christmas shopping -- there wasn't enough of an incentive inside for me to just grab the issue and buy it. Until I get a better look at it, I'll give it a score of 6 out of a possible 10. Anyone else seen this magazine?

The other magazine is a total keeper! It's called "Muscle Machines" and it's produced by Hemmings. (Note: this is only its 3rd issue) I swear this magazine was created just for me! It gets an 11 out of 10 and a NoOption5L double thumbs up. On its front cover is a yellow '70 GTO flanked by a new Azure blue Mach 1. Here is the list of articles in this months issue:

Articles

- Factory Appearing, Stock Tires (FAST) drag competition

- 2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 road test

- 1965 Barracuda - article on a 283,000-plus mile car

- Appraisals - having your collector car appraised

- 1957 Chevrolet Black Widow - a sedan that rampaged through the NASCAR field

- Pontiac GP vs Chrysler 300M - S/C'd GM V-6 takes on nitrous-fed Mopar V-6

- Muscle vs Exotic

- 1972 Mercury Montego

- Camee Edelbrock - Future CEO talks candidly

- 1968 Camaro Funny Car

- Pontiac Buyer's Guide

- Real World Control Road test a C5 Vette with GM's "MagneRide" system

- Firm Control - Advantages of modern high performance shocks Columns

- Affordable Dreams - building a muscle car clone

- Production Line - Chrysler's CEO speaks

- Speedobila - Muscle car art

- Mini Muscle - Model cars 1/6-1/24 scale

- Backfire - letters section

- While Tailpipes, Blue Bumpers - peeps inside exhausts in search of...

- Ford's Faithful Flathead - The day the flathead died

- Chevy's Malibu SS - Potential of today's new ('04) Malibu SS

- Go-Fast Goodies

- Hot Rod Hero - Bill Simpson

- Vintage Racers - Duensenburgs

- Auction Action - latest action prices

- Ask Ray - mechanical questions

- Swap meet - looking for a T-10?

- Crusin and Racin - news

- Fanatics - spotlights a few muscle car nuts

All in all, a great magazine!! I love its diversity! So much so, I just mailed in my subscription. 12 issues for 12 bucks... can't beat it! Now the only problem is with all the magazines I've collected over the years and the ones I've subscribed to, my house will soon look like an Automotive Library of Congress. Oh, well...

And lastly, (for Cobra Jet and company) here's a magazine those who only like the pre-'73s should look for. It's been on the stand for a while now (a month or two), and it's more than likely just a special issue. But it's called something like "Super Stocks." It's a magazine about the old factory Super Stock cars. I found it at WalMart. Look for it.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

fasdsfasfadsfadsfdsafasdf

-plus mile car

Reply to
Rufus "T" Frazier

Damn, I couldn't find any of these today.

Reply to
CobraJet

But I did snag the Hemmings rag *today*. Nice stuff!

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I'll say. It's kick-ass, isn't it?

I'll look for the Super Stock book this weekend. If I find it, I'll snag an issue for you.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Yes it is, overall. You forgot to mention 1 of 3 King Cobras on the cover. Even the 20-something "oh damn she's so gorgeous what the hell is she doing working at Safeway" checkout girl stared at it for a bit before she put it in the bag. BTW, I have friend now selling an original Cosworth Vega. I saw it today, and checked it out in detail whilst wearing a "First On Race Day' shirt. He was so stoked *I* was looking at a Chevy he gave me a pair of 460 heads for free. Nice car; needs a Cleveland.

Cool beans.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet