STATEMENT - FORD: "NO PLANS FOR EXPANDED MUSTANG LINE"

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 15 - Ford Motor Company today made clear that recent media speculation concerning an expanded Mustang line - including a sedan and wagon model to be sold in global markets - is not true. Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique, two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car.

At the 2007 North American International Auto Show, Ford will unveil a four-door, rear-wheel-drive concept car. The concept, known as "The Interceptor", is based on the Mustang's rear-wheel-drive architecture but it is not a Mustang and no production plans have been announced. Additional information on the Ford rear-drive concept will be available December 31, 2006.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

"Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique, two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car." Ford reads this newsgroups.

Now I'm curious to see this Interceptor...

dwight

Reply to
dwight

The 5.0 was called police Interceptor, then it went to the new ford cop car, has a lable on it too, Interceptor now what?

Reply to
DmitryKovtun

Yep! A day after our thread was started Ford ditches their plans. Next I say we demand low-cost, strippo version with a 5-liter and a hatchback! Who's with me?

Patrick =20 =20

Reply to
NoOption5L

You are not kidding! Another RWD V8-powered vehicle in Ford's lineup... can things get much better?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Yep! A day after our thread was started Ford ditches their plans. Next I say we demand low-cost, strippo version with a 5-liter and a hatchback! Who's with me?

weight under 2,700 lbs, with a screw type blower, nice....... Sign me up

Reply to
DmitryKovtun

You've probably already seen it....Mad Max drove it in the late 70's. :P

(*>

Reply to
Hawk