vin code help 67 mustang

1 have a 67 stang the exterior color code is "N" according to the 67 ford shop manual this was not an available color. according to the ford master parts catalog code "N" is platinum except for bronco. The 68 ford shop manual and the various i.d. decoder books list this color as "diamond blue" the car appear to be a burnt orange color even in the overspray areas inside the trunk and behind the door hinges. I know that ford did some strange things with the warranty "vin" tags on the door, can anyone shed any info on this discrepency
Reply to
walt peifer

There was no N in 1964.5, 1965, or 1966. In 1967 Mustang exterior code N is officially called "Diamond Blue" (same as 1968). There was no N in 1969. In 1970 and 1971 it became Pastel Blue. No N in 1972. In

1973 it became Medium Aqua

In 1967, V was Burnt Amber.

In 1966, 1967, 1971, 1972, and 1973, there was a designation of "SPECIAL" which covered several different colors (many metallic). None of those really comes close to being "Burnt Amber" or Burnt Orange.

As I recall, they were still dipping them in 1967, so the original color should show up in a number of different locations. Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike