ECU Code help

1991 Loyale 4x4, EA82, 5 sp.

I'm trying to do the self diagnosis mode (the check engine light came on today), but all I ever get is 5 quick flashes, which is the model designation according to the shop manual. However, I'm not sure if I'm disconnecting the test mode connectors. Does anyone know what they look like - color, size, where at in relation to the ECM? I tried disconnecting several different connectors, 1 at a time, and I got the 5 flashes every time. I started up the car this evening and the check engine light didn't come on this time. Would the ECU code still be stored in the self daig. mode from earlier today or are the 5 flashes just telling me that everything is ok at the moment? Thanks for the help.

Rick

Reply to
Rick