Yeah, I got new Goodies!!!!!!!!!!

Not exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't beat the price.

Two Futura Ultra Z's, 255/50/16 = $80 each New Rack & Pinion = $80 (and I didn't have to pay the $120 core).

They go in tomorrow as well as getting the alignment done, new alternator, new starter...

I will finally be road worthy in the Mustang!!!!

Just thought I would share.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

What did the CHEERIOS and KIX run ya'? : )

Good to see you getting it fixed up again.

Reply to
Jim Chodrick

Sounds good. What kind of rack & pinion did you get? I bought a pep boys one for my '93 and it only lasted about 2 months. Now two months wouldn't be too bad if it was as easy as changing an alternator, but changing a rack and pinion is no easy task. You may want to get a brand new one instead of a cheapy pep-boys rebuild, unless you are getting one with a warranty. Just a heads up, hope it works out for you though. Also, the Ultra Z's are pretty good but lasted me about as long as my rack and pinion did the way I drive, lol. Good luck getting her back on the street. Erik D. '94 white lightning

2.3Sleeper wrote:
Reply to
Erik D.

You got me scared now. I did get a Pep Boys setup. A friend of mine works for them and got me a $29.00 discount on the R & P.

Maybe you just got a bad one? That could be a possibility right?

I have always had good luck with the Futura's. They are the lowest end tire I will take. What I want are Potenza's, but money is tight right now and I was damn lucky to get what I got.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

at 01 Apr 2004, 2.3Sleeper [ snipped-for-privacy@mwcmustangs.com] wrote in news:c4in0a$2gjjp4$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-165082.news.uni-berlin.de:

[..]

Congrats on finding a good deal!

Reply to
Paul

I am sure I got a bad one, I hope so anyway! Hopefully yours will last a very long time!

The futura's were good tires, the ones on the front of my car lasted a long time. For some unknown reason, the ones in the rear only lasted like 10,000 miles :/ It couldn't have been the way I drive though ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Is that for a Manual or Power rack ??

Reply to
Katmandu

Power. If I bought manual, it would be a Flaming River.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

After you put the new one in did you have it rechecked and your alignment rechecked after driving it for a couple of days? I have had about 10 people tell me that both of these things are supposed to be done with a new R & P.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Well, the first thing you should do when putting a new rack and pinion in is get the alignment done. So, yes, I did have the alignment done both times I did it ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I didn't mean to question if you had it done right afterwards, I meant did you have it checked a few days later after driving on it for a while. Not just the alignment either, but the actual rack itself.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

My bad, i was feeling quite good when I typed that last night and didn't really understand the question, lol. I had the alignment checked a few weeks later when I put some new meat on the front. I didn't check the rack and pinion though, didn't really think it needed it since it was new. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

How can you tell if a Rack and Pinion is bad ??

-ERIC

Reply to
Katmandu

Well, in my case, it leaked very badly(both times). I would have to fill up the power steering fluid on a daily basis. It would literally be empty by the time I went to and from school(30 miles roundtrip). I had to drive it like that for a few days to and from school because it was my only car. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.