'91 300zx noise

I am the proud new owner of a '91 NA 300zx. Best car I have ever driven.

It has started making a funny grinding, scraping noise in 2nd and 4th gears when accelerating. Sounds like it is coming from the gearbox or something.

Does anybody now what is causing it?

Also, how do you adjust the speed alert? It goes off at 105km/h and I want it to go off at 115km/h (for the freeway!).

Thanks.

Reply to
Roger Wagner

Cracked boot that seals the shift lever to the floorboard, very comon problem.

Reply to
Steve T