PIC: Nissan's Fiesty Mr. K calls out the 370Z

A few hackles of many a commenter have said things like they preferre driving a Nissan Versa to the new 370Z. Some would say that thes people are just PLAIN out of THEIR MINDS because who on earth prefer driving a economy car like the Versa to a Z? Turns out Nissan's Mr K

Yutaka Katayama, known to American Datsun/Nissan fans simply as Mr. K will be remembered for two very important cars: the 240Z and the 510 both of which are now considered classics. Mr. K turned one hundre years old on September 15, but age hasn't tempered his mind. In fac it seems sharper than ever. Talking about the new 370Z, Mr. K call it, "So-so." He continues, "Very different from th

240Z. First, it's very heavy, and it's also very expensive.

And not only does Mr. K feel the car new Z is too expensive, but tha it's not actually living up to the Japanese sports car legacy lai down by the 240Z, "I'd like to have a sports car like the Miata The Miata is taking the place of the 240Z." Harsh. But check thi out, "Katayama has a 350Z in his garage but prefers to drive th family's Versa compact." And there you have it

Mr. K would like to see the Datsun nameplate come back, and wit sportier cars. "The fun of driving cars is the same as riding horse. We need a car that is like riding on horseback. We are makin robots. Robots don't like human control." Even at the ripe ol age of one hundred, Mr. K just might be around to see his wish com true, "I just entered the 100s. I have a long way to go.

View the attachments for this post at:

JLA