Z32 and low octane gas

I'm curious, with high gas prices for premium unleaded, what would lower octane gas do a Z32 engine. I have a 94 coupe with a stock engine. So I was thinking about it after a friend (male) suggested it could do no harm using

89 octane. He's GQ but not a GQMonkey or mechanic.

Also, I should point out this guy has a Triple A card and would use it to let someone else change his tire. I have a small floor jack and strong biceps/triceps and don't mind getting my hands dirty.

All input will be appreciated! Kisses

Hensley

Reply to
HensleyaZHotChic

Break piston rings and beat the rod bearings out of it. If you want to use regular cheapo gas, don't buy a sports car.

I have a 94 coupe with a stock engine. So I

He's an idiot.

Reply to
Steve T

Steve,

Your right, any man who would not change a tire cannot be counted on when it comes to car advice. I buy 92 or better octane, occasionally I can find

94 octane. Regardless, I'm not going to experiment just to save a few pennies per gallon.

Thanks to Steve, Big G, Me Cyber Hugs & Kisses for all!!! Meow baby!

Hensley

Reply to
HensleyaZHotChic

I own a 94 z32 as well. The spec on the car, from the maintenance manual, is 91octane. When gas prices get to high I'll mix 1/2 tank or less of 89 octane to the 93 I normally use, to get a blended 91 octane.

I pers>I'm curious, with high gas prices for premium unleaded, what would lower

Reply to
Brian

Brian,

Any issues with mixing gas like misfires, fouled plugs, minor detonation issues, etc...

never thought about mixing gas, but some feedback from the group would be useful, especially from mechanics. I wonder if you used octane booster with

89 octane, would that be enough. Thanks.
Reply to
WildBill66

Mixing is fine and MUCH better than using octane boosters, they have a nasty habit of fouling spark plugs.

Reply to
Steve T