88 Nissan Pickup, 6-cylinder engine..how do you change the thermostat??

I've always done my own automobile work (old Saab 900, Honda, Toyota, you name it), and have had another Nissan pickup in the past, but it had the 4 cyinder engine. I've now got an 88 king cab pickup with the V6 and have NOT been able to change out the thermostat! I've looked and just don't see how in the work you can access the housing without pulling off the bracket for the pulleys and a million other things. Am I looking in the right place? Any tips other than take it to a mechanic? (: ^ ) Also when I got the thermo at Autozone it came with an inlet AND outlet gasket....but I simply don't see where in the hell this thing is located. Many thanks in advance to all who help! Lars

Reply to
Lars