92 Pathfinder bad idle when cold

Hi

My 92 V6 Pathfinder idles poorly when cold, especially under load [stopped and in Drive]. It misses, but once warmed up, no problem. Runs fine at RPM either warm or cold. On a possible related note, I get RPM noise on all but the strongest AM stations on the radio.

I took the car to both Pep Boys and a Nissan dealer who both said they either could not reproduce the problem or could not isolate it.

Vacuum leak? Electrical problem? Any insight you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike Bonnoitt

Did you have the Nissan dealer run codes? My guess... computer is stuck in closed mode, which means it thinks the engine is warmed up already. Usually a sensor is out, or a sensor isn't well grounded. Sorry about the RPM noise.. your radio probably isn't grounded well either.

Easiest sensor to fix are the O2 's You might pop off your throttle body and shoot some carb cleaner at your idle air control spring and hope that it was carboned up.. to free it up.

good luck.

Reply to
Justbrilliant