Are cornering light bulbs supposed to be this sensitive?

A fender bender made me replace my left-front fender and cornering lamp (95

200SX SE-R), but now the bulb for the cornering lamp is messed up. It's very sensitive and only works when held in specific positions (I have to stretch the coil a certain way and pray it doesn't budge). And I can't find any one position that works. Of course, this means having a working left turn signal while driving is a luck-of-the-draw affair for me. Is this normal?
Reply to
Crunchy Cookie