ECCU in 84 Nissan PU?

We have an 84 Nissan PU with the Z24 engine. It shuts off after it warms up, and I've determined that the anti-dieseling solenoid is shutting off. I could use some troubleshooting help.

  1. According to the Haynes manual, this vehicle has a computer (ECCU). I cannot locate this in the vehicle. Anyone know where this is hidden?

  1. Any troubleshooting ideas?

  2. Since the vehicle just gets used to haul trash to the dump, I've considered hard-wiring the solenoid open. Anybody know what current is required to activate it?

Thanks in advance, Jon

Reply to
Jon McLin

Jon,

I used to have an '84 720 pickup. There was no ECU. I think they only appeared in the late '85, early '86 models.

I had the same problem. If I recall correctly, I disconnected the solenoid and unscrewed it from the carb, then removed the solenoid "pin" and spring. I then screwed the cylinder back into the carb and hooked everything back up.

Problem solved.

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
Geoff Glave