Nissan recalling 13k Versa Note hatchbacks

From AB

Nissan is recalling 13,000 of its new 2014 Versa Note hatchbacks due to an issue with various bolts used to assemble the vehicle. Considering the Versa Note was only recently put on sale, this news must be driving Nissan nuts (we couldn't resist), but presumably the lion's share of these vehicles are still at dealerships.

According to a report from The Detroit News, there are two separate issues. The first has to do with the latches for the rear seats, which include bolts that may not be strong enough to keep the seats upright in the event of a crash. The second relates to the bolts that attach the body to the undercarriage. Apparently they may not have been tightened properly, and in rare cases may be missing altogether. No injuries or accidents have been reported from either issue.

Reply to
MummyChunk

I don't know if it's due to better reporting or manufacturing greedy haste or laziness, but there seems to be a huge and growing number of recalls of products (not just cars) over the last few years. :-(

Reply to
Your Name

I blame the "information age". It used to be if your car was recalled you knew about it, now you know about everybody elses's car too.

Dealerships are likely flooded with calls from owners who don't even have the model recalled.

speculatively, GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

True, but the wider reach of the notices does mean that those who bought the recalled model second-hand or imported by someone other than the make's official dealer will more likely know about the problem too.

I also think there's another factor: over-complication and over-gadgeting. A lot of the stuff put in cars these days is not really necessary. Do you REALLY need automatic headlights (for example), which is just another annoying gadget that can easily fail, meaning your headlights may not work at all.

Reply to
Your Name

I don't know how many times I had to work on the headlight doors on my

86 Nissan Pulsar NX (The US Pulsar coupe). One or the other would not open nor close.
Reply to
willshak

Apart from one light a few years ago being a bit slow to "wake up" (one would pop-up and then after a few seconds the other would slowly pop-up), I've never had a problem with the pop-up headlights on my Nissan 200sx, although it is nearly 10 years newer than your NX.

Reply to
Your Name

Check this out peeps

Reply to