Thermostat question.

Could someone tell me if the thermostat goes on the upper or lower rad hose housing on a 1995 2.4 liter 4X4 truck. We bought this truck and it looks like someone may have switched the rad hoses around. The truck is overheating and we want to rule out thermostat etc before we look at possible head gasket problems. Will a blown headgasket cause it to over heat even with rad full? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. snipped-for-privacy@ns.sympatico.ca

Reply to
MJ Cote

The thermostat is almost always on the upper hose. And yes, a blown head gasket will make the car overheat with a full radiator. One of the other symptoms of a blown head gasket is if your over flow tank fills with boiling fluid and overflows. Is that happening?

Do a thorough check of the thermostat first and go from there.

CD

Reply to
Codifus