Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

I have been lied by the local Nissan Dealer, Suburban Nissan in Troy, MI, and they told me that my car, a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, with later and bose and all that stuff - has ABS!!! I really had no way of checking, especially sence they had me test drive a care with ABS, and after that they said they will give me another car, which was supposed to be IDENTICAL! They lied to me!!!!! Does anybody else have a 3.5 SE without ABS? I was extremly surprised that they even make one without ABS...

Any suggestions or ideas, on what I could to about this?

Thanks

Reply to
phlojo

Mine 03 3.5SE doesn't have ABS.

As I understood it when I was buying to be that ABS was only available on cars with leather interior. Mine has a 5spd and a cloth interior. while it does seem surprising that an '03 model doesn't have ABS. I was primarily concerned with getting the VQ35 in my car. That's what I did. $22050 with

5 spd, fog lights, spoiler, and wheel locks.

But it does have something that most cars in its price class don't. TORQUE, ACCELERATION, and its just fun to drive.

Sorry the dealer told you a story. They do do that.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Let the buyer beware.

Reply to
Roy Shroyer

You bought a car that you didn't test drive? In all my car buying days, I was always offered a test drive in the vehicle that I was going to go home with me. I take it that you had the opportunity to inspect the car and especially the window sticker with all the option listed. When did you discover the absence of ABS?

Reply to
MTI

Reply to
Vic A.

Yes, you can get a 3.5SE without ABS, which surprised me as well.

In Canada things likes ABS, side impact airbags, side curtain airbags, mud guards etc. all come as standard features with the 3.5SE package.

In the U.S. ABS does not come standard with the SE, but you can get it as an extra option ($$$). The side airbags are extra options as well...

Robert

Reply to
R. MacLean