GLE tire advice, need new set

I guess this question came up many times but I missed the previous posts. My criteria is (in this order)

- Long treadwear: 50K miles or better

- Quiet ride

- Best price

I don't care for racing performance, cornering stability at fast speeds, snow driving (I live in Southern California), hydroplaning resistance or any such flashy stuff.

Which tire would you recommend ?

Reply to
Gershon Shamay

You didn't mention what year or tire size. Go to tirerack.com, plug in the year/make/model, and read the reader summaries/ratings. Each tire is individually rated in the areas you're interested in. BTW, you can save quite a bit of money ordering from Tire Rack, even when you factor in shipping. I saved over $100 on my RE950's and they shipped them directly to a local installation shop of my choosing. The shop called me once they arrived.

Reply to
Dan

The tires I need are original size, 205-65R15. I don't think the size is the key aspect (for tires), the manufacturer and model are probably much more important. So, what's the long lasting, quiet tire you know and would buy again ?

Regards,

Gershon Shamay

Reply to
Gershon Shamay

Since you don't care about anything flashy basic all seasons will be fine and are cheaper than summer-only tires. Kumho, Continental and General Tire all have basic tires in that size that meet your requirements in the sub $50 a corner range.

I ran a set of Continentals on a Tempo a few years back - treadware and noise were better than average.

Best of luck... Mike

Reply to
Mike

Here is my penny

Toyo tire are used more $ Max. next down use U.S. Michlent tire. I got mixup GLE and GXE most the time. I found Michilent tire is more noise, and around 50k life. Toyo is 65k life. I start looking for tire too recently. That what I found. I probly got 10k to go.

Reply to
Care2gln

That's what I did - saved money and got tires I love. I also have the RE950's (Bridgestone Portenza, I beleive).

Reply to
Chris Merkel