Increasing HP on 2004 Max with Air & Exhaust

How much extra HP can I expect to get in my 2004 SE 3.5l by adding an air intake system and a Cat-back dual high performance exhaust? I heard 50. Is this true?

Reply to
Rocket

Usually normally aspirated performance enhancements (intake, exhaust, UDP etc) tend to increase a car's HP by 15%. So your Maxima's HP will probably increase from 265 HP to 265 * 1.15 = 304.75 HP, a 39 HP increase.

Of course the noise will increase, too. Be prepared to live with it.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

IMHO that's on the high end of what you get from cars that already have "high performance" engines like these do. I'd be shocked if you ended up with even 10% HP increase from these mods and sometimes these types of mods LOSE power, they just make more noise! Even 40HP from an air intake and exhaust isn't going to happen on one of these cars.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
AZV14

And also can kill the MAS with the oil from those K&N type filters..

Reply to
Steve T

Yes just like the tech at my evil "dealer" warned me to be carefull about - after market filters with oil,,,

but you better be warned,,,"ONE" will flame you - ever mention the dealer, or the possibility of damaging the MAF ,,,LOL

Hey he is a "mechanic" ,,or plays > snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com wrote:

Reply to
AZV14

You wouldn't look like such a dumbass if you paid better attention to what was said. There was never any dispute about the use of oiled filters. It was your statement that everyone was as incompetent as you and therefore would not be able to clean a throttle body that got you laughed at. Your problem appears that you don't have enough common sense to figure out what 'needs' a dealer's expertise and what doesn't. In YOUR case. you should take it to the dealer for everything. Perhaps when you grow up, it will come to you.

BTW, if you think being told before that you were a goof was a 'flame', you truly don't have a clue and it is more obvious why you are laughed at.

Reply to
No One