Opinions On New Infiniti I-35

Thought I'd post this here given that the I-35 is just a glorified Maxima.

Several questions have occurred to me:

1) Mobil 1 synthetic oil....worth the money? 2) Do lots of highway driving.....a problem during break-in? 3) Want heated outside mirrors.Can dealer install these? 4) Gas cap says premium fuel is "recommended".Any serious consequences (other than deminished performance) for using 87 or 89 octane?

Thanks!

Reply to
Wanderer

My dad swears by it, but as far as I can figure it's a toss up. It costs more, but you go longer between oil changes. I honestly don't think it will make a difference in the longetivity of the engine. You'll tire of the car LONG before the engine blows up.

No, but just make sure you vary your speed for the first 1000 miles, never use the cruise, and keep the speeds reasonable (70 or below). That said, I really didn't pay much attention to this while breaking in my 03 (this is a quote to my father, two days after delivery: "Wow, we hit 120 awfully fast!"). :)

I'd just call. I'm sure it depends whether or not the wiring is there... I'd guess the expense will far outweigh the benefit.

If you're doing mostly highway driving, 89 should be fine. I wouldn't use

87, unless it's a premium brand like Amoco, and even then I'd use it judiciously. I've read many stories about cheap 87 causing pinging. Personally, I just use premium every time. Over the long run, it really doesn't cost that much more when you take into account you get better gas mileage while using premium.
Reply to
Rich