106 Brakes

I have had my car MOT done yesterday and on driving it home found that the steering wheel shook when I put the brakes on. Been back today and they changed the discs but it still doesn't feel right. It is better than it was but not 100%. Not sure what to do next.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
tinkerbell

Has a balancing weight been knocked off of one of the wheels? Normally this would also cause shaking at certain speeds, but if you didn't travel very fast on the journey it might not have been apparent.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Get your wheels looked at .also did they replace the front pads when they done the discs?your wheels could be out of balance so get them redone, if it still dos it after that it a deeper look. Chris Addlestone Surrey.

Reply to
Chris

Sounds like warped brake discs, but i cant see why having your MOT done would cause the brakes to start playing up though, my father is an mot tester and as far as i can tell whilst they test the brakes they dont need to do anyting that might damage them...

David

Reply to
Dave George

The OP said the discs had been changed to no effect. My money is still on wheel balancing (i.e. a missing weight).

Reply to
Keith Willcocks