106 seat

Hi, I know a few people have posted about this before, but haven't read any solutions to the problem yet:

The drivers seat has started sliding back on acceleration, and sometimes when you 1st get in. It's as if it's not clicked into place properly.

I've heard some people say it maybe a spent tensioner spring on the mechanism? Runners don't look worn.

I was thinking of changing the mechanism for another, but can't find any scrap 106 mk2's anywhere! (106 mk1 is different mechanism with no seat belt pre-tensioners)

Anyone have any ideas, or managed to fix this problem, or even know where I can get a 106 mk2 drivers seat?

Help! R.

Reply to
rmn25

"" wrote: > Hi, I know a few people have posted about this before, but > haven't read > any solutions to the problem yet: > > The drivers seat has started sliding back on acceleration, and > sometimes when you 1st get in. It's as if it's not clicked > into place > properly. > > I've heard some people say it maybe a spent tensioner spring > on the > mechanism? > Runners don't look worn. > > I was thinking of changing the mechanism for another, but > can't find > any scrap 106 mk2's anywhere! (106 mk1 is different mechanism > with no > seat belt pre-tensioners) > > Anyone have any ideas, or managed to fix this problem, or even > know > where I can get a 106 mk2 drivers seat? > > Help! > R.

Have exactly the same problem, and have done for a couple of years now. The annoying thing is that this can fail an MOT, but Peugeot?s mechanics have never actually fixed it - they just tighten it, and charge you for it. Fortunately for me I am quite tall, so I have to have the seat at it?s furthest away anyway, but it can pose a real problem (and potentially, danger) to anyone much smaller. Sorry I can?t help with your problem, but thought I?d let you know you aren?t alone with this problem.

Reply to
Druros