2 litre HdiI

Has anyone cracked the knotty problem of the disappearing clips that nold the top cover onto the engine. Everyone I know who have cars with this engine have lost all four in the first week or so. Also why does the dip stick always climb out of it's tube? mine pops out and vibrates violently at tick over and I am sure it will eventually fatigue and break off.

Creekworm

Yes it will break eventually! It is caused by the engine cover being lose. Either the clips have come off, usually caused by not being put on properly, or the rubber mountings under the cover break off. A loose cover can also cause the oil filler cao to come off, and I have had one case of the water bleed on top of the thermostat housing breaking off because the cover was bouncing about on to it. So check the clips frequently and renew them if they get lost. Always make sure they are fitted correctly too. They should click on. And then pull up the cover at each clip point to ensure they will stay on.

Reply to
Nigel

Hello,

Yes, my parents bought in May a used 206 HDi 90HP, with a missing clip (car was 12,000km old), replaced free of charge (took under warranty). I guess such clips musn't be expensive at Pug's or at Citroën's. BTW, these clips are 1/4 round clips, sometimes you think it's properly fit, and they're not, indeed.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T