205 GTI 1.6 Suspension Question....

I've lowered my 1.6 1990 (pre cat) Gti by 40mm - It looks great, but the ride is really hard and 'crashy'. Obviously, being a skinflint The 40mm spax springs are mated to the standard front shocks, so the question is, which are the best mid range shocks to go for - looking to spend about £150 total. And how will they make the car feel better?

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Reply to
Richard