[205] Interior

Firstly, I was under the impression all GTi had half-leather interior seats, with red carpet? ...and Secondly, is there an index of the interiors anywhere? or does anyone know them for the 205 range?

Thanks,

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

You were correct about the design... essentially black seats, red stitching, red squares covering the body section.

Front buckets.. like, peugeots version of a bucket-seats, seen in the XS tweed version, slightly raised sides.. I want to return the interior to some kind of decent condition, the engine is getting an overhaul this winter and the body has some small dents to pull and Im concidering a full respray.

Indeed the problem does exist of finding a decent interior.. these were GTi seats, and were available on ebay (sold at £31 for a full interior!) and unfortunatly I was outbid.. Now I have no idea where to get a decent complete interior. They were in excellent condition, except from the usual drivers-side bolster being worn a bit and came with the original carpet and doorcards (front and back).

So if anyone does have an XS interior... or just the backseats, maybe after a roll-cage being put in? then contact me!

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

In my mind the nicest interior for the 205 was from the Neon green or the Sorrento green GTi's. This had deep green carpet and black seats with green fleck pattern in the middle.

Unfortunately, it's pretty rare so not much chance of finding one!

Matt

--

1991 Peugeot 205 Roland Garros Cabriolet TU3S 1.4 Carb
- Happy 20th Birthday Peugeot 205==

Hi Ryan,

Ok. Typically GTi seats, too. I didn't know the term, as we usually use the "semi-baquet" word.

That is a pity, for sure ! £31 for a full interior, including carpets, is a really good thing (depending of shape).

Check out the "for sale" announcements in, for example, local free papers (I imagine it exists in UK, as it exists here).

He he... Considering the driver's seat is likely the one which suffers a lot here too, we, Frenchies, should try to find a UK passenger's seat, and UK drivers should look for a complete French interior : that way, both UK and french drivers would get decent drivers' seats :-) So I understand that getting those seats is quite difficult in UK, too...

For your seats, have you tried to contact an automotive specialized saddler ? Perhaps overhauling your XS seats wouldn't be so expensive. Sure AA's got a directory for this kind of things.

Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr snipped-for-privacy@ironmaiden.com

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Yep, that's the one - Couldn't remember the proper name so described it as it looked!

:-)

Matt

Unfortunatly my car is already styled in red (Boot lights, footwell lights, taxdisk holder, outside decals) :( I found several interiors that I can't really use..