206 1.9D tractor sound

My 1.9D (33K, going for 30K service next week) suddenly started sounding like a tractor on the motorway and I suspect some loss of power, especially at low revs. I checked the usual stuff, but didn't see anything odd.

After a few hours I started and it sounds ok and works fine. Could this be fuel (filter) related? Anyone know how to drain the reservoir? Or should I check the timing belt (can you get to that without tools? I'm on a trip...)

Gerd.

Reply to
Gerd Busker