306 Clarion OEM Unit problems

Recently my Clarion OEM tape stereo (s reg 306) seems to have died. Turning on the ignition yields no response at all in the unit. No flashing red light, no display at all. However, the backlights do come on when the car lights are on.

Not sure whether it is related, but I also managed to lock myself out of the stereo by putting in the wrong code a few days before this problem after I reconnected the stereo after evaulating a CD player.

I've checked the fuse in the player and in the fuse box (slot F1). Any ideas? I don't have access to someone's car or another stereo to eliminate some possibilities :(

Any input greatly apreciated.

Luke.

Reply to
Luke