'98 406 td

Hi folks, just got a 406 1.9 td saloon. Wondering if there are any known issues to look out for. Car has done 133,000 miles, is in pretty good nick overall. ANy pointers? Cheers Ginger

Reply to
Gingerpose

I've got an S reg with 90k , and had a few problems. The seller said it had had the clutch replaced at 80k but I needed to replace it more or less straight away when it started juddering as it engaged. The self adjusting clutch cable is very stiff as well and I'm thinking I'm going to have to replace it. Also, the glow plugs are a bit of a pain to change despite the Haynes manual flagging them up as a simple procedure

- the 1st 2 are easy enough and the 3rd is a bit tricky, but the 4th one is a nightmare and I had to put it in the garage eventually as it was out of my league.

Reply to
Paul M