Re: 406 Seat/Mirrors Memory Problems

Collegue with same problems (steering of seat and mirrors). He discovered corrosion on printed circuit board in electronic unit (under driver seat I believe) due to spilling water.

Good luck.

ErJe

"Colin Forsyth" skrev i melding news:eqXnb.854$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net...

406 2.1 TD Exec Saloon > > Having a bit of trouble with my mirrors. When I switch on the ignition both > mirrors go through some sort of search sequence and take up the position > they last occupied. Thats with the exception of the passenger mirror. It > seems to make "positive" movements but never ends up in the same place. > > After this "search", attempting to manually move the mirror, the mirror does > move, but very very slowly. Maybe 5 minutes or so, to get it into a > driveable position. Passenger mirror works ok. > > I've had the mirror cover off and reseated the plug and checked for freedom > of movement on the mirror gimbles. All seems fine. > > Is there anything electrical that I can check ? Not sure how 3 wires can > control 2 motors in 2 directions. Is there an ECU somewhere that isnt > described in the manuals ? > > Additionally, the seat memory does not appear to function. Not

particularly

bothered but wondered if it had something to do with the passenger mirror > malfunctioning. > > Seat Memory fuse is OK. > > Any thoughts ? > > I bought the Haynes manual to have a look at the wiring to find that it > dosent cater for the toys in the Exec model. So can anyone help me with: > > Wiring diagram for the mirror/seat memory system > > Location of the Seat/Mirror ECU (Assuming there is one) > > >
Reply to
ErJe