306 diesel engine wont start

the 306 is a 99T transponder type key. Changed the engine and it wont start (not even crank). It wont even turn over, so hard wired a live off the ignition to the starter. There isnt a live to the glow plugs either, could it be a relay. I was told that the timing pump may have to be changed from the old engine as it contains a transponder component which will open the fuel line once a correct signal is recieved.

Any ~Help

Tony going round in circles

Reply to
tony

going round in circles

I was told that the timing pump may have to be changed from the old

did you do this because the key is coded to the pump ecu?and it gets a return ok signal to allow everything else

Reply to
Mindwipe

So what exactly are you telling me to do ?

Reply to
tony