2000 GP SE Front License Plate Mount

Just purchased an 00 GP SE, it should be ready to pickup in the next few days. However, the front license plate seems to be just screwed right into the drivers side front fascia (using 2 different bolts, which are even different than the rears (ie, the usual large phillips head but with one slat open so a regular flat blade will also work)) with no bracket. Is this really the mounting place/method for the front plate?

Reply to
Markeau

...snip

There is a rectangular knockout in the middle of the fascia, original owner must not have known that. ? :o

Reply to
TJ 727

get a license plate bracket from Pontiac. It mounts in the depression in the front bumper. 4 bolts typically hold them on. Then 2 screws hold the plate to the frame. A simple job for simple peoples.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

screwed

Nope, no knockout on the SE fascia ... I've had over 20 cars in my

30+yrs of driving and there is no mount point, knockout, etc
Reply to
Markeau

depression

There is no depression in the front fascia, I'll show y'all when I pick it up tomorrow, it's weird the SE does not have a visible mount point unless it really is on the driver's side where it looks like it is just screwed right into the fascia

Reply to
Markeau

I've never taken a close look at the mount for an SE, but every one I've seen has the plate mounted on the driver's side bumper. That is the right place for the plate, although I think it looks terrible. There is a plate holder bracket for that car, so the plate shouldn't screw directly into the fascia. What were they thinking?

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

actually, the GT and GTP on that year has the tag in the middle of the front, then when you buy a SE it will have it on the drivers side mesh grill thing. Check Em Out On Ebay... lol

Reply to
Heath Darwin