2002 GP GT

Can someone tell me if the 2002 3800 engines experience the same upper and lower intake manifold maladies as the earlier years?

I am looking at buying one that has 52,000 miles on it, which is getting into prime time milage-wise for these types of problems.

This particular car is NOT supercharged, BTW.

Anything else in particular on these cars I should look for before plunking down the coin?

Reply to
TSC

Intake is still plastic on the 2002 but modifications were made to beef up the plastic area around the EGR pipe inside the intake. That's seems to have solved the cracking problem at least.

I'm not sure if the gasket problems has been rectifyed. I know some leaking intakes had new hold down nuts installed as part of the repair rather than tear the engine apart.

Good Luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,444 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I have a 02 GP GT with 3.8 (non supercharged) with 73K. Runs Excellent and gets great gas mileage. I have not had any problems with the lower intake manifold.

Good Luck

Reply to
Matthew