69 parisienne front brakes

Has anyone fitted front disc brakes to a 1969 Parisienne (right hand drive), is there a kit you bolt on or can I swap the front spindles ?

snipped-for-privacy@ventcroft.co.uk

Reply to
Alex Honnor (Ventcroft Ltd.)

Do you mean 19_89? or is there an export surprize I don't know about? Parisienne is the name for what was Bonneville when Bonnie switched to a new platform and body. Her counterpart is Chevrolet Caprice, the cop car kind. I'd suggest finding material for Caprice/Bonneville-Parisienne/Olds (88 or

98 Regency I don't remember) and Buick LeSabre I think. Not an expert but the Chevy will get you there.
Reply to
Steven Dinius

Steve, then it may really surprise you to know that I owned a sweet 1966 Pontiac Parisienne Convertible. As a brief history lesson, the Pontiac Parisienne was the Canadian built sister of the venerable Bonneville and Catalina built in the US. It was a little bit of each, both in body-grill and interior styling and was sold as an affordable, upscale version of the standard "wide-track", named in Canada the Laurentian and base model Strato-Chief.

Reply to
Sting Ray

I'm only 37 and I took to driving only 13 years ago (to broke B4) Thanks for enlightening me?

Now, this other chap has a dilemma?

Reply to
Steven Dinius

My 1969 Parisienne is 1 of only 102 ever made as a 4 door sport sedan for export for that year

My car was originally destined to be a Bonneville as they both share the same chassis but at some point it got shipped to the oshawa plant in Canada to be born into a Parisienne. I have the history of the car from GM Canada.

This history lesson is all well and good but nobody has answered my question !, what's the matter a real question got you all stumped ?!?!?!?

Alex

Reply to
Alex Honnor (Ventcroft Ltd.)

message

Reply to
Steven Dinius

hey Steven I am 32 which makes me younger than you and I have had this car since I was 18.

Caprice/Bonneville-Parisienne/Olds

Reply to
Alex Honnor (Ventcroft Ltd.)

Don't give it to me it'll probably confuse the junkyard dog after awhile the way I go : ( (lucky dog) Hay Harry's sposed ta be the resident nut on Bonnies ain't he? Maybe he should speak up! Almost everybody else has a GA or GP and built post 1992. But I generalize because I still don't have a "colonel" of info about it. Sorry, and enjoy that mosheen!

Reply to
Steven Dinius

Reply to
Bryan Lee

Alex

Disc brakes for those full size of car was rare when NEW. You think somebody makes a brake kit for a 34 year old car that maybe 10 % of the total number at production at that time came equipped with disc brakes. There probably is no demand for that item so its probably not made.

For example

I got a book here on convertibles and for a 1969 Pontiac Catalina Covertible it says 5436 were made and 53% came with disc brakes.

In 1968 the Catalina convertible totaled 7339, only 2.4 % had disc brakes.

11 % of all 69 Impala convert had disc.

6.3 % of 69 Buick Electra Converts had disc.

I know you've got a hardtop but you can see by these percentages, the disc brake option was a very low seller.

Good Luck

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Christ - I knew the Parisienne was a Canadian version of the Bonneville when I was a kid back in the 70's. Remember seeing some in Canada in

1970. Saw a nice red Bonneville at our hotel and wait a minute........the door says ParisScene or something...that ain't a Bonneville...looks like one but it isn't.

Also remember a model kit ( Jo Hann? ) of 68 or 69 Parisienne.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Harryface,

That, I can appreciate but as I understand it from the paper work I received from GM in Canada my Parisienne shares the same chassis, suspension, running gear etc as the 67, 68 & 69 Bonneville which is the same chassis as the Chevy Impala of the same years and of course don't forget about the interchangeability of the Oldsmobile and the Buick. So if you make a generic part that fits one car you've got a part that's fits all.

[...]

Were available as a factory option.

Suspension is the same as Chevrolet full size (Impala, Caprice, etc) so should be easy to fnd -

Bill K.

Reply to
Bill K.