98 grand am alternator 3.1

Neet to replace the alternator on a 1998 Grand Am 3.1 liter 6 cyclinder. The Haynes repair manual calls for removing the belt and then removing the front engine mount and bracket .

I cannot get to the belt tensioner without removing the engine mount first I. have removed the top of the engine mount. How many bolts does the remaining bracket have? It look like one, but I am not sure.

The manual says to insert a 1/2 inch breaker bar into the tensioner and that some models have 18mm socket. Does anyone know if the 98 grand am uses the socket or the breaker bar?

If anyone has done these please guide me thru, cause The repair manual is not quite enough help and I am unable to see or get my hands down there to feel for it.

Thanks Saltare

Reply to
Saltare