98 Grand Am radio code

My son bought a used Grand Am Friday and he wants to replace the AM/FM cassette with his CD player. There was no owner's manual with the car. The repair guide he bought says the anti-theft code is in the owner manual! Any ideas about how to get the code?

Thanks for your help, John D.

Reply to
John D

He will not need a code if he is installing a new radio. The code is only to RE-activate your 1998 tape deck.

Reply to
Masterson

Reply to
John D

I received the Grand Am Owner's Manual I bought through eBay today. Apparently, there is no factory code! You make up a code and then enter it. I don't think it was ever activated. It was a company car... Amazing what a little knowledge can do... Happy Thanksgiving to all, John D.

Reply to
John D