98 Pont. Gran Prix SE V-6

Car runs great, took it in for my normal 3K oil change & wanted the radiator flushed which I have done twice a year. Discovered that oil was in radiator. There is nothing wrong with the radiator but I am having it power flushed tomorrow & if oil returns within 2 weeks I will be concerned that I have a blown gasket or a slightly cracked block. Is there any other way oil could get to my radiator? What do U suggest.

Reply to
Howardthelok

Which V6 is in it? The base 3.4L Chebbie variant or the 3.8L Buick? The

3.4L is well known for intake gasket failure which can lead to oil and antifreezing mixing.

Its also possible that the automatic tranmission oil cooler which is installed in one of the radiator side tanks is leaking and allowing oil to enter the cooling system. You would notice either the tranmission fluid level dropping and/or being contaminated with antifreeze.

Reply to
Dennis Smith