97 Saturn oil in coolant

I have a problem with my 97 SC1. Oil in the coolant. I took off the head and it checked out OK, so I replaced the head gasket, timing chain and water pump.

Car runs great, but after two days, oil in coolant same as before. Is there anything other than a cracked head or blown head gasket that could be the problem?

Reply to
zonie1 via CarKB.com

Just went through this with my wife's 92 SL1. Not only was there oil in my coolant, but coolant was disappearing somewhere (probably boiling away after entering the oil part of the crankcase). Priced out cylinder heads, and we had a remanufactured one put in. Also ended up doing the pump, coolant hoses, thermostat, etc. while we were in there.

If you've already done the head gasket it's almost certainly the cylinder head. Sucks, doesn't it?

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

Excellent advice if you are fixing a cracked cylinder head. Also make sure you change the oil and filter ... It would not hurt to do this twice to assure you get out as much as possible.

Reply to
Bob Shuman