Good way to check and clean injectors

I cleaned injectors a couple times by using my mighty vac pump hooke dup to the rail end of the injector, create a vacuum.

Hook the injector up to a light 5v AC adaptor, and put the engine end of the injector in a bowl with carb cleaner.

The 5V ac makes the injector pulsate and the carb cleaner gets sucked through it. You will be amazed how much crap comes out of the injector. U can also check the spraypatern like that.

Using that stuff as we speak. We'll see what the mystery stuff will do. > > > Your mechanic may be right but if you want to try a cheaper solution, here > > is one. Get a good fuel injector cleaner, I use Marvel Mystery Oil. Get > on > > the interstate & run it out. Try to keep an average speed of 70-80 mph. > > Run at least 100 mi. That may take 1 hour 15-20 min but you should see > some > > improvement if the injector is only clogged. If that is the problem all > of > > the injectors should need cleaning. > > > > > >
Reply to
mathijs

how do you check a spray pattern if it is pulling the liquid backwards thru the injector?

Reply to
DA .

Sorry, I forgot to mention, U use presurized fuel or carb cleaner. I build a canister with a pressure regulator, works pretty good

Reply to
mathijs

clean without a lot of expense.

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

Reply to
mathijs

Sucking explosive fumes into a mighty vac with arcing brushes may not be a good idea.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Reply to
mathijs

That is good! I was picturing something like a shop vac. :)

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Oh. One of those. I don't think I ever did pay any attention to the name of it. Mine looks much the same & black plastic. Thanks Geoff.