Grand Am Airbag Price Question

Hello, I have a 2000 Grand Am, and yesterday I hit a raised man-hole going 25 MPH cause I'm an idiot. Oddly enough, my airbags deployed (the only other damage done to the car was a hole in the transmission fluid container). I called Pontiac to see how much it would cost, and they said it would be around $1200 each. I called my mechanic, and he confirmed it would be around that. I know airbags are expensive, but this seems preposterous. I bought the car from a friend for $2800, so I just find it weird that I almost technically totaled it because the air bags were ignited. Anyway, is that price estimation accurate? Is everyone trying to screw me?

Thanks, Mungman

Reply to
notld61636

Shep

I'd check ebay ---- when I just did I saw quite a few for less than $100. You could also check local wrecking yards.

they don't call them stealerships for nuttin'

--tr

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

tom ronson

Reply to
Shep

Drive the car without air bags like we did years before, We weren't killed then & won't be killed now.

Good Luck

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face