Illinois Tolls Double 1/1/05

So you're willing to waste much more time, gas(money) on traveling across back roads, than paying an extra 50 cents per toll? That's brilliant

Reply to
Rog

A matter of principle.

A better idea would be to avoid altogether those states/areas that take advantage of unsupecting guests.

Here's an offer for you. Come on up and visit. Spend your money for hotels, fuel, clothing, souvenirs, repairs, all the things that visitors buy.

And be sure to remember - you're a visitor, a guest, so you get special welcome attention. You pay double.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Thanks! My wife hates interstate highways and I love them, so we usually compromise by mixing it up a little. I'll just compromise a little more, for principle's sake. H

Reply to
Hairy

I've had an I-Pass transponder since they first came available. The proncipal motivation then was less hassle at the toll booths.

Now that tolls have doubles for cash, (from $.40 per car to .80) more frequent users will be buying them, this increasing the hassle. again.

They are $10 deposit plus 40$ toll reserve which is used until it almost gone, and then the reserve is automatically renewed charging it to your credit card.

What is all the uproar about?

RRon snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
GHOF