Interchangeable Parts

To illustrate the reason for my question below, I have learned that the A/C compressor on an 82-86 Capri, 82-93 Mustang, 84-86 LTD, 85 Marquis, 85-88 Cougar and 85-88 Thunderbird are all interchangeable.

Is there a book or manual (either in print, online or on CD-ROM) that lists interchangeable parts?

Thanks!

Joe Colella snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Joe Colella

If you want something for GM vehicles that is free goto

Click you agree

Select make

Type in a part number

If you dont have it search for it

You should get a list of every GM car that part fits

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

There is - it's called the Hollander Manual. Any junkyard will have it. It's quite expensive, and I'm not sure you'd really pay for it. It's easier sometimes to surf someplace that sells auto parts online and just drill down to the part numbers for things that you need to know. Slow but free. I'm afriad computers inventory systems are incredibly slow for this particular task. The paper books that good auto parts stores used to use were much much much much faster for this, but you may not be able to find a good auto parts store. They've about all switched to computers.

Reply to
Joe