Is there a remote negative battery post on my Montana?

Dear Group,

I just got home from the cottage and my old 92 Eagle Summit has a dead battery as one of the kids left the door slightly open when we left for vacation. I went to boost it with our 2000 Montana minivan. On the Montana I see clearly marked a remote positive jump starting terminal but I see nowhere to connect to the negative terminal...the battery seems very inaccessible...unlike the battery and posts on older cars. What am I missing?

Thanks for your advice.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Mitchell

The negative terminal on these vehicles is extremely difficult to access with a booster cable. Just stick your cable to one of the front engine mounts. It doesn't really matter where you put the ground connection, as long as you get an actual "ground connection". I usually use the bolts on the engine mount, as they connect through that big metal bracket that bolts to the engine block.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai