Need help ASAP with cooling system?

Got a 96 grand am gt v-6, I was idoling at light and notice temp gauge went up to just bout hot level. When i pullled over and looked under the hood i saw antifreeze coming from water bottle cap. My fan wasnt running either. When i drive though the temp gauge goes back to normal. Can anyone tell me whats going on and how to fix it. Respond to rrr snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or snipped-for-privacy@sprintpcs.com

Reply to
spiderman2g

i would be looking into the fan control switch or the fan motor,it should be running when its hot.

ds549