1986 Pontiac Grand prix

I have a 1086 Grand Prix with the V8 305. It has an electric choke on it that never seems to operate properly. Does anyone know if it is possible to replace this setup with a manual choke setup? I know I've seen other cars in the past with a manual choke mounted in side the drivers compartment. Would I have to change the whole carb, or would I be able to pull out the electric choke and replace it with an aftermarket manual cable?

Thanks for any tips. Duane

Reply to
69Rocketman

there i one of those round choke t-stat covers with cable available at auto parts stores .

ds549