Transaxle problem

I have a 95 trans sport se ( with the 3800 series 2 ). We noticed, while on the freeway, that in fourth and overdrive that the van begins to vibrate rather noticeably. And the problem is that you can't get up to speed without making it downshift and pressing the gas at least half way. Oddly enough, this same thing happened in all gears before we changed the spark plug wires. For about a month it run like no other, but when we got in in the freeway this came up. Also, in the owners manual, it mentions the transaxle system sensor, and that it needs to be serviced. Anybody alse had any experiences/recommendations for this? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ILJ