2002 911 Turbo

Greetings this is my first posting so bare with me should I make a mistake. I am considering buying a 2002 Guards Red 911 Turbo. Cost: $62,500.00 Miles: 51938 Body Type: Transmission: Manual Tan Leather Interior Engine: 3.6L H6 SFI Turbo Options: Sunroof - Cassette Player - CD player - Anti-Lock Brakes - Driver Airbag - Passenger Airbag - Side Airbags - Air Conditioning - Cruise Control - Navigation sys - Power Locks - Power Windows - Power Seats

I guess my question is does this sound like a reasonable price for this car and does can anyone tell me about their 2002 911 Turbo? Tom

Reply to
crailsheim

man, lol - great car. (there's a smile on my face as i read your post)

i haven't scutenized prices down to the penny, but i know that's a reasonable price

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

For the year and miles, that sounds like it's in the right ballpark, yes. A red 911 turbo, huh? Somebody misses the 80s! :) epbrown

Reply to
E Brown

I saw a silver-colored 911 of 2003 vintage here in Dubai the other day. From whatever you've specified, it only doesn't have manual transmission (tiptronic instead). It's done 22k miles and is selling for USD 44k.

Since Dubai is more or less on par with the US insofar as used car (even new car) prices are concerned, I can't say whether a manual gearbox alone should drive the price up so much.

Ramapriya

Reply to
D Ramapriya

44k USD sounds like quite a deal.

I did a deal for a 2002 996 TT at a dealership here in the USA about 6 months ago. The car was listed at 85K and it was clear from the beginning of discussions that the price was not negotiable. The dealership is a rather small Porsche/Audi operation and they don't do high volume sales of the Porsche line which may have affected the pricing. I traded a 2006 BMW E60 M5 for it .... even swap. I know I took a hit, but I am much more happy with the Porsche than I was with the M5.

It had less miles (18,200) than that being considered by the OP and it was CPO'd, so it has a warranty. Mine is black with black leather and is equipped as listed by the original poster minus the Navigation system, but with the addition of the factory X50 package or whatever they call it.

The only issue I have is that it occasionally pops out of 2nd gear while decelerating unless I keep light pressure on the gearshift with my hand. It's more a nuisance issue than a problem and the dealership has told me to bring it in to be adjusted at my convenience. I've read that this is a fairly common issue with the 6 speed manual.

RCE

Reply to
RCE

I've neither owned a Porsche, though that's my persistent dream, nor a BMW (drive a sissy C-class instead) but I'm amazed that you could even begin to compare a Porsche with either a Beemer or Merc. I mean, I'm certain a 911 would eat up most cars bar the Pagani or Koenigsegg types!

The one thing I want to do is possibly explore how to transplant the much talked of idrive of the BMWs into my Merc. Would you know whether that's at all possible? Each time my colleague talks of the 500- something functions in one nifty dial in his car, I get the complex :(

Ramapriya

Reply to
D Ramapriya

Very doubtful and not worth the hassle. The BMW I-drive system is a pain quite frankly, although you can get used to it. I like the traditional, more straight-forward controls, like those in the Porsche.

Otherwise, the E60 M5 is a remarkable car in terms of technical sophistication and level of performance for a multi-passenger family passenger sedan with over 500 horsepower. I just never felt the "connection factor" with it and came to realize that unless I drove it at speeds over

120 mph (which I rarely do), it just didn't have anything special to offer other than potential. It's ideal for people who want a high performance car but still have to occasionally carry more than one passenger or pick the kids up at school. I don't need that.

The 996TT drives and feels like a true sports car, even at 30 mph.

RCE

Reply to
RCE

a 911 996 '03 Turbo Porsche for only $44K...? if there's nothing truly wrong with it...it'd take it in a heartbeat.

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar