Lets put it to a vote!!!

Ok Vamp, we will put it to a UKRCM vote, those in favour of this, Vote 1

And those in favour of this Vote 2

I vote 2.

Obviously it's still your choice at the end of the day, but it will be interesting to see who prefers what.

Reply to
Ronny

Make that another vote for 2.

E36s are utter s**te. My brother's literally fell apart like a Fiat Regatta.

Reply to
SteveH

I agree on 2.

The first one is a total chavmobile.

John

Reply to
John Duffey

Id say 2 too, but in black, silver went out with the Dome....

Reply to
Voice of Reason

I require more info for an informed choice :)

Engines? Miles? FSH? Interior? Toys?

Reply to
DanTXD

I'd vote 2 for myself. Once you get an estate you wonder how you ever lived without it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Ronny decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

2, definately.

Even though BMW's ain't my cup of tea, and the estates are pretty useless, it's still better looking than a coupé.

Reply to
Pete M

Based on the looks alone I'd say 2. The coupe looks a bit bland in comparison, but maybe that's tjust the colour and the alloys.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

2 - but it makes you look more sensible.

Estates are great, I had 13 people and a bale of hay in mine once.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Shite! I've not been following all the pics - is vamp getting an /old shape/ coupe? Thought it was the more current one.

Chavtastic! I know he really wants rear wheel drive but that's going too far - looks old before he gets it. Might as well get a C class sports coupe, or an IS200, or something else entirely.

VAMP - don't do it, that's hideous.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

two words - secure boot. I hate our Zafira for the fact that you can access the boot by breaking a window and cutting through the roll-out load cover or folding the seats.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

3 how about spending the money on something with less stigma and reputation, like a Skoda.
Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Assuming all else to be equal, I'd go for two too.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

You must have been seriously wasted to shag a bale of hay...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

The thing is, most saloons either have the boot on the central locking, or have a lever in the main compartment. Totally gets rid of the main reason for having one, and sacrificing the practicality of haveing one large load area (whether it is an estate or a hatchback).

I have always wondered when so many people go for saloons. I belive they have more rigidity for the weight, is that it? Or is it just people think they look better?

Reply to
David Jones

Another vote for 2 (if I *had* to have one of them)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Tutu.

If I had to - too rich for my blood these days, now that I'm over all of that.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I prefer this one -

(2000 V Reg BMW 535i

4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, Metallic Silver. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Computer, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Foglights, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Headlight washers, Immobiliser, Park distance control, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Radio/Cassette, Side airbags, Rear headrests, Traction control, Leather upholstery, Multi function steering wheel, Wood/wood effect trim. Insurance Group:17, £6,999)
Reply to
DanTXD

I've just noted, one is the old shape one (E36?) and two is the new shape. Clearly 2, by a mile, the old shape one looks dated and is ultra-chav.

Reply to
DanTXD

Or this one - except its Green and i dunno about the Triptronic box - are they good or like the Alfa ones?

2000BMW 328 Tiptronic, V reg. 115000 miles, Metallic Sea Green, 18 alloys, climate control, e/w x4, 6CD changer, T&T, excellent condition. £6,995. ono.
Reply to
DanTXD