cayenne sales?....touareg sales?

i gather from reading posts here on a frequent basis there are a number of dealership employees that post and read on this newsgroup....recently, i have been reading lots of articles about both the porsche sport utility and the brother vw model.....am wondering what is really happening at the dealership level with both of these very nice vehicles....the porsche model has been out about 6 months now and the vw touareg out about a month.....i just read that porsche is going to introduce a v-6 3.2 volkwagen engined model first quarter of '04....lots of ink about both makes and how nice they handle and fit and finish..interior layout and appointments etc etc.....i'd love to read some thoughts about these models from both new owners and those in dealerships where they are offered for sale....it appears that vw underestimated the demand for the 8 cylinder and is scrambling to catch up with it while the over all sales to dealers is on target.....but, how many are really going out the other end to purchasers......from the recent announcement from porsche it appears they may have overestimated the 8 cylinder demand....i see local dealers with a dozen or so each sitting around and don't see a lot on the road.

it's a long weekend and i hope to read lots of thoughts,comments and observations........

regards

Reply to
euro930nospam

First off, my condolences on the demise of your shift key. I feel your pain... There was a recent article on how the Cayenne isn't flying out of dealerships the way Porsche expected. Apparently there were a lot of pre-orders, but not a lot of business after that initial bubble, and some dealerships are offering incentives (more options) but not lowering prices below MSRP. Porsche has claimed that because of the platform sharing with VW and the fact that they didn't go into debt developing the Cayenne, they only need to sell 25,000 of them to break-even. I haven't heard a quote from any source about how close they are. Funny story: I always have a bit of a laugh when SUV owners try to keep up with me in traffic - people in Blazers who've decided they won't let a 911 out-do just because it weighs half as much with the same hp. I always lose the SUV owners on the wicked turn on my commute

- a 60-degree turn that lets out into a 90-degree. Challenges your suspension a bit. Last week I saw another SUV on my tail (I could tell by the height of the headlights) and stepped on it, entering the turn at 70 and exiting it around 90 mph. I was shocked to see the headlights didn't drop back like they always do - the driver even accelerated past me as we hit the straight. Yep - it was a Cayenne turbo, full of cheering kids waving, and Dad with a big ol' grin. Having something he could haul the kids in and still keep up with a sports car (even a 20-year-old 911), I could tell it made that guy's day... Emanuel

Reply to
Emanuel Brown

sorry for the shift key problem....how was my spelling?

Reply to
euro930nospam

Reply to
Charlie

actually, i was more interested in comments and observations concerning the two vehicles than the typing lesson. i have been communicating in this manner for almost 10 years and this is the first notice i have had that it is unacceptable format. i guess i will just have to put it on my list.

regards

Reply to
euro930nospam

For what it's worth, my Aunt who has done professional writing, owned

5 corporations, etc... doesn't bother with the shify key either. She claims it's a writing style and she's not about to change.She wasn't big into cars but she did own paintings that cost a lot more than a garageful of exotics. So I'd say she was successful and she didn't use the shift key. You shouldn't have to conform to what everyone else wants and expects. Just my 2 yen.
Reply to
Shomuni

Agree that you don't have to conform to anything, but it's good courtesy to make your communications clear and easy to understand. A little extra effort put toward helping others along their way can be very rewarding. Some do it, some don't.

Reply to
Randall Smith